Music With Mummy was developed by Da Capo Music in Hampshire in 1991, specifically for children under three years old. The fun and structured programme of pre-school music education proved so popular, that there are currently over 120 agents and more than 7,000 toddlers enjoying weekly classes across the country. There are three age groups currently running in this area
- Jolly Babies for babies under 1 year
- Music With Mummy for children from 1 to 3 years old
- Three Four Time for children aged 3 and 4 years
- To foster in young children the idea that music is a pleasurable, social activity.
- To encourage listening skills, so essential not only in music, but in other areas of learning.
- To develop a sense of rhythm, initially through the movement of their mother’s body, then through their own movement and through the use of simple instruments.
- To provide language development and early training in singing.
- With the younger classes, to enhance bonding between mother and child through shared musical experiences.
- With the older classes, to introduce some basic concepts such as ‘stop’ and ‘start’, ‘loud’ and ‘soft’, ‘up’ and ‘down’, etc.
- The Three Four Time, to introduce music terms e.g. piano, forte, crescendo and diminuendo
- In all classes, to have fun and make friends!